Nexen Group (Vadnais Heights, MN) has launched a new motor/gearbox-ready, IP65-rated for precision rotary indexing applications.
The Motor Ready Sealed (MRS) precision rotary indexer is suited to precision rotary indexing applications such as robotics, machine tool, semiconductors, automated welding, medical packaging, assembly, cutting systems.
The company said that the MRS maintains the benefits of the company’s existing patented precision roller pinion drive design – zero backlash, high precision, high torque, and high acceleration.
A high roller pinion-to-gear ratio allows users to direct drive the system with the addition of a servo motor – eliminating the cost of a reducer. This also reduces engineering and installation time.
- high Indexing Precision- one-way positional accuracy up to ± 31 ArcSec and one-way repeatability up to ± 5.2 ArcSec;
- zero Backlash- unlike other drive systems there is zero backlash from the motor through the driven load;
- acceleration- up to twice as fast as other technologies;
- high Speed- up to 304 RPM;
- motor/gearbox ready for faster installation;
- sizes: 150, 250, 350 mm output bolt circle diameter, with large open center to optimize performance in small spaces;
- fully sealed, IP65 rated;
- low maintenance and long life.